Foodies Q&A | Food Substitutes
Click a category below or scroll down the page:
- I am trying to follow an American based recipe that requires that I use an ingredient called Allspice. First of all, what is allspice and is there a substitute that I can use, as I have not been able to find this ingredient anywhere in the supermarkets?
- I have noticed that many recipes include alcoholic ingredients. As I do not drink any alcoholic drinks, is there an alcoholic substitute that could replace it with?
- Can I substitute all-purpose flour with cake flour
- What can I use in place of corn syrup as a substitution in a recipe?
- One of the ingredients mentioned in the recipe I am following is Scallions. Firstly what are they and is there a suitable substitution for them if I can’t find them?
- Is there a healthier alternative or substitute for alcohol in Recipes?