Butternut Delight: Side Dish (enough for 6-8 people)
Submitted by South African Foodies
- approx. 200g butternut
- 50g cheese
- 2 tsp margarine
- 1 TBS plain yoghurt
- 1 TBS Chives
- 3 Provita’s (Crushed)
- 2 ml Origanum
- 2 ml Basil
- 1 Onion – chopped and fried
- 6 Button mushrooms chopped and fried
- 100ml Breadcrumbs
- Salt, pepper and aromat to taste
- 5ml Sunflower and Sesame seeds
- Bake butternut and scour out from the skin.
- Mix all ingredients into the butternut except for the breadcrumbs.
- Place mixture in a small oven-proof casserole dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Place under the grill for a few minutes or until a beautiful golden brown.