Chocolate Marshmallow Fridge Cake: Submitted by South African Foodies
- 250g Butter or Margarine
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 400g Sugar
- 4 large eggs beaten lightly
- 5ml baking Powder
- 3ml Salt
- 190g sifted Flour
- 10ml Vanilla Essence
- 24 white marshmallows cut into squares
- 30g butter or margarine
- 10g Cocoa Powder
- 30ml Milk
- 260g icing sugar sifted
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- Place butter in large mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Beat in the cocoa and sugar. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Sift together the baking powder, salt and flour into the mixture and add vanilla essence.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased 200mm by 290mm microwave dish.
- Microwave on medium to high power for 8-12 minutes or until cake pulls away from the sides.
- Arrange the Marshmallow pieces on top of the warm cake and cover top of container with cling wrap and allow to stand for 5 minutes. The Marshmallows will melt and then – then allow to cool.
- To make the topping, place cocoa, milk and margarine into a bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well and add icing sugar and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth and then spread the topping over the marshmallows and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Image Courtesy of Good Eats & Sweet Treats