Here is another easy dish to make for mums on the run, easy peasy Chicken and Rice Casserole. This recipe uses common ingredients found in most pantrys. This recipe is very easy to prepare then pop it in the oven and forget about it for an hour and a half.
- 1 pack of chicken pieces (usually 6-8 pieces in a pack)
- 5 handfuls of Tastic white rice
- 1 tin of Cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet of Knorr’s ‘Cook in a bag’ spice, I like the Rosemary and garlic. If you have your own secret spice, then by all means, use it .
- 1 punnet of roasting veg, I normally use courgettes, baby gems, and butternet, but use whatever you have in the fridge
- Feta and Cashew nuts for garnishing (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200′C
- Pour the uncooked rice into a large pyrex dish (make sure you have a matching lid)
- Chop the veggies into bite sized pieces and add to the rice
- Pour the contents of the tin of soup over the rice and veg
- Use the same soup tin and fill it with milk/water, pour the milk/water over the rice
- Open the packet of spices and pour into the dish
- Mix everything well
- Baste the chicken pieces with olive oil and paprika
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice mix, not submerging them totally, you want them to peak out a little bit.
- Place the lid on top of the dish and bake in the oven for 1:30 hrs
- Once cooked remove the dish from the oven and allow to stand for 15 minutes
- Sprinkle some feta and cashew nuts over the top when serving